GSE was invited as a BIM expert to the conference "Designing the Future Conference OPEN BIM - Following the OPEN track", organized by KONFOTEKA, a Polish private group, which is organizing events dedicated to the construction, Insurance and finance sectors.
Franck SPIESER, BIM manager at GSE, presented all uses of the BIM in construction with many concrete examples of achievements.
Indeed, GSE has already realized more than 10 constructions in BIM and 20 are currently in progress, in France in Europe but also in China, on logistics, offices, industrial and leisure projects.
The R & D department named LE LAB GSE includes a team dedicated to digital innovation with 5 BIM managers, 1 BIM specialist, 1 Smart Buildings engineer and 1 interior designer.
At all stages, GSE uses the BIM to optimize a project, from design to operation of the building thanks to its integrated team of experts with all the necessary skills:
- 3D renderings, virtual and enhanced reality
- Design processes based on BIM models
- Exploitation of BIM data: quantities, lists of materials, location
- Plans for interior finishes, space management, etc.
- Daylight studies with simulations (sunshine, shadows on office facades)
- Thermal studies (calculation, STD, etc.)
- Environmental studies with life-cycle analysis
- 3D site works schedule
- Clash detection and resolution
- A model for “As-built” files
This event in Poland was attended by 170 participants, including construction companies, developers, software publishers, architects, investors, assistants to project owners and site managers.